tax on arears of salary

plz tell me that if i am receiving my last year's salary in this fy in june how is the calculation of tax for the last year will be done...something like form 10E is said to be filed for savings of the last year..plz guide thanks

asked Mar 04 '11 at 12:43 by Ashish 111

Under section 89(1) of income tax, you can claim income tax exemption for arrears received.

For tax exemption computation, add arrears amount to year's salary for which year these have been received. Compute income tax on that additional amount as per tax rates of that year. Now do the same by counting arrears in current year. The difference of the income tax can be exempted u/s 89(1).

You may download Form 10E for claiming relief under section 89(1) here.

answered Mar 10 '11 at 04:17 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 04 '11 at 12:43

Seen: 898 times

Last updated: Mar 10 '11 at 04:17