long term capital gains tax

I bought Flat A in 2007, then I Bought flat B in Jan 2011. I Sold flat A in Mar 2011. Can I offset capital Gains tax of Flat A against Flat B.

asked Mar 04 '11 at 07:07 by roarya 1111

As per section 54 of income tax, in case another residential property is purchased within a period of one year before or two years after the date on which the transfer took place purchased, for amount equal or more amount that capital gains earned, then there is no income tax payable.

answered Mar 10 '11 at 03:51 by pankaj 5.2k320


Yes. You can. Please provide more details like amount, profit from sell and cost of purchase etc Regards, Ashok

answered Mar 09 '11 at 06:01 by ashok 1111


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Mar 04 '11 at 07:07

Seen: 1,276 times

Last updated: Mar 10 '11 at 03:51