PAN not being allotted

The income tax department keeps rejecting my PAN application even after submitting all documents attested by a gazetted officer because the documents submitted in support of address and identity proof doesnt have the expansion of my father's name (which is why as instructed by the IT department i sent the documents a second time attested by a gazetted officer). This despite the documents being self explanatory as it has my name with my father's initials and also my father's name in it. To whom do i complain against this harassment by the income tax department?

asked Sep 24 '11 at 14:26 by psharmab 111

You can file complaint against them on Portal for Public Grievances

Also can you try filing for a new PAN card again through online application:

answered Sep 24 '11 at 19:40 by pankaj 5.2k320

Sir, i am much obliged for your reply.Thanks a ton.My best wishes to you
(Sep 25 '11 at 15:27) psharmab

Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Sep 24 '11 at 14:26

Seen: 848 times

Last updated: Sep 25 '11 at 15:27

Related questions