long term capital gain account

Actually am in tamilnadu. I went to the nationalised bank and asked about long tersm capital gain savings account. But they told that there is no such account. What to do? shall i put the amount which i got thru selling my house in any savings account?

I need your suggestion.

asked Sep 24 '11 at 11:00 by vignesh 94671223

Amount has to be deposited to capital gain accounts scheme 1988 account only. I would advise you to go to a nationalized bank branch in a major city. Its available in most of such banks.

Please find below links to some bank website's capital gain account page:

Capital Gains Exemption Deposit Scheme in Union Bank of India
CAPITAL GAIN ACCOUNT SCHEME -1988 in Punjab National Bank
Capital Gain Account Scheme, 1988 in Bank of Baroda

answered Sep 24 '11 at 19:23 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Sep 24 '11 at 11:00

Seen: 1,355 times

Last updated: Sep 24 '11 at 19:23