loss on forex trading

Hi Sir, We got some loss while doing forex trading during this april 2011. Can I show same in the ITR filling in the coming year. How to show same thing in that? How to show proof of same? which ITR form i need to file? Till now i was filing ITR1 as a salaried employee.

Regards, Supraja

asked Aug 11 '11 at 12:31 by Supraja81 1681113

if trading has been done on a recognized stock exchange, this should be covered under business loss and you will have to file ITR-4 to carry forward same.

answered Aug 11 '11 at 23:29 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Aug 11 '11 at 12:31

Seen: 1,209 times

Last updated: Aug 11 '11 at 23:29