E-Return submited with wrong information


I have wrongly uploaded the ITR1 xml file with wrong information. Is it possible to correct the information? Now how i can to re-submit the e-return. I tried with revised option its asking receipt no and date. In that what i have to fill and also what i should i select in "Return filed under Section". Please advice me... Thankyou

asked Jul 30 '11 at 08:40 by sprakash1985 1112

Hi Prakash,

I think you should give acknowledgement no. of your ITR V form and date of filling returns for the previous wrong filing. I think it already says there to give information about your original returns.


answered Jul 30 '11 at 11:04 by BBV 31114


If there are some changes needs to be made in existing filed income tax return, you should file a revised return. Process for income tax return filing is same as original one, with some small changes.

  1. Return type = Revised in spite of original.
  2. Section under which return is filed: 139(5)
  3. Provide original date of filing and E-ack number in ITR.

Submit both original and revised ITR-V to IT department Bangalore address.

answered Aug 01 '11 at 17:05 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 30 '11 at 08:40

Seen: 2,662 times

Last updated: Aug 01 '11 at 17:05