House rent allowance

Hi Pankaj ,

I worked with this organisation from April 2010 till Oct 2010 ( 7 months) . After that i changed to another organisation.

But i forgot to submit rent receipts in the earlier organisation for HRA releif. Can i deduct the HRA for 7 months in the IT return??

asked Jul 26 '11 at 19:55 by Harit 1444

As House rent is employer provided benefit, in case you received this component as a part of salary package, You should have claimed it with employer only.

Now it cannot be claimed while filing income tax return.

answered Jul 26 '11 at 22:07 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text]( "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 26 '11 at 19:55

Seen: 1,498 times

Last updated: Jul 26 '11 at 22:07