query on income tax liability

hi pankaj ji, i am to say that :- I have salaried income of Rs. 6,18.011/-and saving u/s 88 of Rs. 2,57.544/-. My employer has deducted Rs. 38,900/- as TDS. During 2010-11, I also received payment on account of maturity of 15 years schemes of ulip of UTI and PPF from post office amounting to Rs. 85,347/- and Rs. 3,52,264/-respectively. Besides I have short term capital gain of RS. 2,396-50 on account of sale of shares.Now I intend to know:- i] Can I file return on ITR-1 if not, which form has to be filled ? ii] Whether payment received on account of PPF and ULIP [which otherwise exempted] has to be mentioned in return if yes on which coulmn ? iii] Keeping in view the above, now my balance income tax liability ?

asked Jul 20 '11 at 17:45 by pitamber 1111

As you have short term capital gains, you should file ITR2.

Income from ULIP and PPF can be declared in Sheet EI of ITR2 (Details of Exempt Income -Income not to be included in Total Income).

answered Jul 20 '11 at 18:47 by pankaj 5.2k320


Know someone who can answer? Share a link to this question via email, twitter , or facebook

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Markdown Basics

  • *italic* or __italic__
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported



Asked: Jul 20 '11 at 17:45

Seen: 1,619 times

Last updated: Jul 20 '11 at 18:48